Notifications
Clear all

Help what do I do ?

MemberMember
(@teenagerwithacne1)

Posted : 04/24/2019 1:00 pm

Can someone please give me advice on what™s type of acne this is and how to treat to make it manageable...I™m 18 and have had acne for quit along time but it was extremely EXTREMELY manageable now it™s just flipped and started spreading thankfully it™s mot on my cheeks but just want it to go or atleast be taimed , I am very religious on my skincare routine and always make sure my skin is clean and it just gets worse I make sure all my products are safe for my skin.

03F74CC9-2294-47FF-ABE3-030A85D1ABAC.jpeg

4DDF0C3B-36B6-4F6E-9408-B2DD72A51BD8.jpeg

217B6BC2-44EF-4102-AEA9-DF7B4791C62F.jpeg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/24/2019 9:02 pm

Have you taken antibiotics recently ? do you have a white tongue ? do you have dandruff ? If the answer to one or more of these questions is yes, then you probably have an ouutbreak of candida (indicated by white tongue) or malasezzia (indicated by dandruff). Candida and malasezzia are fungus and they produce skin symptoms similar to acne (but they are not acne). Outbreaks of candida and malaezzia are caused by taking antibiotics.

Get back to me if you answer yes to one or more of the above questions, and you want information about how to control "fungal acne", which most likely have if you have a white tongue and/or dandruff (and you have taken antibiotics). In the meantime, keep your skin dry, only wash it once a day, and do not use moisturiser on it. Candida and malasezzia love moisture and malasezzia feeds on the organic oils in moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@teenagerwithacne1)

Posted : 04/25/2019 3:20 am

No I havent taken antibiotics before but my tongue is quite white and I do have regular dandruff but its easily controlled with head and shoulders shampoo its never been an issue. I have taken a lot of skincare routines I always keep my face clean and well looked after I also have used 5 % benozoyl peroxide for about 2 months and I didnt see any improvement.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 04/25/2019 6:50 pm

A white tongue and dandruff indicate that your skin condition is caused by candida and/or malassezia, and is not ordinary acne. Outbreaks of candida and malasezzia are usually caused by taking antibiotics (or being on an antibiotic drip), but they can also be caused by other things - such as diet (particularly sugar), taking antacid tablets, oral corticosteroids such as prednisone (and birth control pills in women).

Topical antifungal cream/s should control your problem. Buy some topical antifungal cream with clotrimazole in it (canesten or other brand name) and apply that to your skin three times a day. If that does not control the problem, get back to me and I will provide advice on more targeted antifungals that you can use.

Do not eat foods with sugar, gluten (ie, wheat flour), yeast, preservatives or dairy foods.

Keep your skin dry and do NOT use moisturiser. Use a special, clean towel to dry your skin after washing. Only wash your skin once (or maybe twice) a day.

Buy some chorhexadine wash (sold as hibiclens in some countries) and wash your skin in that.

If it does not cause irritation, you can wash your skin in the head and shoulders shampoo after washing in the chlorhexadine wash. If the head and shoulders shampoo causes skin irritation, buy some Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns (available in most countries) and wash your face in that after washing in the chlorhexadine wash. You can leave the Mustela Shampoo on your skin overnight, if you wish. It won't irritate your skin.

Don't touch the affected areas of your skin without washing your hands first and NEVER touch your skin after touching your nose, without washing your hands first.

Get back to me if the clotrimazole cream does not conrol your problem, and I will provide more specific advice. Can you let me know which country you are in.