Notifications
Clear all

Help needed have tried various of treatments

MemberMember
(@elliot123)

Posted : 04/19/2019 2:11 pm

Hi i have been suffering with acne since i was about 15 im now 25 and the acne has stopped but after all this time i am left with serve scarring, this has affected my mental health massively and my confidence. I have tried all the natural remedys aloe vera, apple cider vinegar etc with no results, i have also tried 2x derman and 2x ipixel er laser both of these have done nothing if anything they have made the scars worse. I have been looking online at ablative resurfacing ultra pulse co2 and there is a consultant who can do it close to where i live . I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations how to smooth these out. Thanks i would appreciate if no one commented saying "they are not that bad" when i know they are.

ISOTREX GEL ruined my face and caused most of this scarring

scarring.jpg.d5007df0171dd786be50d0f90cb544d9.jpg

IMG_5949.jpg

MemberMember
(@johnthegreat)

Posted : 04/20/2019 6:06 am

dude. I have been told here that scars on forehead and temples are the hard ones to treat. BUT I am not saying that it can't treat, just dont expect a 100% improvement or glass skin because that is beyond impossible. at least treatments can make them more shallower and thats what I can guarantee you! best of luck lad.

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 04/20/2019 6:12 am

Hey bro, check out my story, as you will find we share many similarities (forehead region)

https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/382097-deep-indentation-in-the-middle-of-my-forehead/

CO2 wont help this, its really difficult to find help locally. @beautifulambitionwill most likely recommend a similar treatment plan for you:

Starting off: subcision on scars, botox to soften forehead area
RF microneedling afterwards if possible, CO2 laser as and end procedure for texture (maybe only the scar walls)
I have a few small icepick-like scars on the frown lines aswell, these could benefit from TCA cross

Hit me a message if u want to chat

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/20/2019 10:44 am

@elliot123Very busy past couple of days for me, ... seems a Easter Holiday Rush or something. Thank you for you understanding, I will try to get to your question in 24 hrs but might take me longer as I have hundreds of PM's to answer.

Want to address a few things:

• You are not like anyone else, when they compare their scars to yours they are simply going by the location and the fact that they have scars, everyone is different, heals differently, and has other challenges that make treatment outcome and approach variable. As such, they are trying to help but I must treat every situation as it's own.
  • As was said by the above posters, the forehead is incredibly hard to treat. Healing is not as good as other areas of the face. Vascularity, muscles, little fat - thin skin, make for a smaller percentage of results.
  • Rolling Scars / Box Cars / Icepicks

[Content removed]

• ___________