Notifications
Clear all

Acne after accutane and veganisim

MemberMember
(@vee_p)

Posted : 03/26/2019 6:12 pm

I am 27 years old and have been struggling with acne for 15 years! I have been on Accutane 3 times since I was 21 and after a year acne would always come back. Which brings me to now as it's been a year since my last cycle of it and it has come back at is literally eating my flesh. It has gotten to the point where I have been to 4 hospitals, 3 dermatologist, and a naturalpathdoctor. I have even done a biopsy (waiting for results next week) These last 4 months have been terrible with no one being able to help me that I decided I am going to take things into my own hands because I refuse to do Accutane again I want to cure the root issue of this so after hours and days of research I decided to go vegan! I have always had a terrible diet I legit ate mc Donalds or fast food every day, never had a vegetable until the last few months. I started taking fish oil supplements, vitamin a, D, c, and zinc, probiotic every day. I also heard about healing the gut because that is where all these issues start which I have been doing the last 4 months I have done and eaten/drank every gut healing thing you can imageand I am still not healing and still breaking out ! I don't know what else to do I have acne on my face, chest, neck and back. Side note I have tried birth control (yaz) last 2 years just stopped as im trying to heal naturally and every acne treatment out there from body washes to cleansers you name it! And every antibiotic for acne as well.

Sent fromMailfor Windows 10

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 03/30/2019 6:29 pm

Thank you for sharing your journey so far. Like you, i have done 3 courses of accutane and i still have acne. It is great that you are addressing these issues and even if your acne does not completely resolve, your health will thank you. Veganism is not always the silver bullet everyone thinks it is so go in with the mindset that this is a process, not the end all be all. Diet can take usually 3 months to show some improvement if it works.

Best of luck.

Vee_p liked