Notifications
Clear all

Acne issues + marks and redness + need honest opinion

MemberMember
(@jamie8)

Posted : 02/27/2019 9:07 am

Most of my life I've had no acne or bumps on my cheeks. Earlier this year I started getting textured skin and blackheads/whiteheads that would turn into small pop-able white pimples. There has not been any flared acne or cystic acne. I have been to doctors who have prescribed medicines, unfortunately none of them have worked. I'm 18 years old and female. Is this hormonal? What can I do to remove the scars and pigmentation and the bumps? I use salicylic and glycolic acid face wash but it hasn't done much. I also apply a kojic acid ointment before sleeping but I haven't seen any significant changes in my skin. This issue has made my self confidence to die and I really would be very grateful if someone could help me. I don't eat a lot of dairy or sugar.

Q. How bad is my acne? Does it look active?

Q. How bad is the hyperpigmentation?

Q. How long will it take for it to fade by an estimate?

Thank you.

[Edited image links out]

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/27/2019 9:33 am

I am so sorry you are going through this. I similarly had good skin u till 7 months ago. I am a 44 year old woman so it has really hit me hard. My self confidence is 100% gone. Mine is hormonal and the treatment of spironolactone and birth control pills seem to be making a difference slowly. Very slowly. I am being left with endless hyperpigmentation so I know my face is forever changed from my old beautiful skin. Usually hormonal acne appears across your jawline, so I am unsure if your's is hormonal. Maybe fungal? Good luck to you in your struggle.

MemberMember
(@jamie8)

Posted : 02/27/2019 9:39 am

3 minutes ago, KarenM said:

I am so sorry you are going through this. I similarly had good skin u till 7 months ago. I am a 44 year old woman so it has really hit me hard. My self confidence is 100% gone. Mine is hormonal and the treatment of spironolactone and birth control pills seem to be making a difference slowly. Very slowly. I am being left with endless hyperpigmentation so I know my face is forever changed from my old beautiful skin. Usually hormonal acne appears across your jawline, so I am unsure if your's is hormonal. Maybe fungal? Good luck to you in your struggle.

Hi Karen, I am sorry too you have to go through skin issues. I hope your skin starts getting better as days go on, don't lose hope. I am sure you arebeautiful inside as you've always been, your skin will soon catch up.

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/27/2019 9:41 am

Thank you for your beautiful words. I just wish I could not care, but it seems to be hard for me to do. I pray for us all to have peace and confidence.

MemberMember
(@sydthekidd)

Posted : 02/27/2019 2:59 pm

Have you ever tried tretinoin? That helps with sloughing off dead skin cells and will help to smooth your face. We all think our faces look way worse than they are (me included) but dont worry (: it honestly doesnt look bad. I would definitely try tretinoin. If you havent tried the dermatologist I would get it from them or you could try differin. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jamie8)

Posted : 02/28/2019 1:14 am

10 hours ago, Sydthekidd said:

Have you ever tried tretinoin? That helps with sloughing off dead skin cells and will help to smooth your face. We all think our faces look way worse than they are (me included) but don™t worry (: it honestly doesn™t look bad. I would definitely try tretinoin. If you haven™t tried the dermatologist I would get it from them or you could try differin. Good luck!

I will look into that. Thank you so much!