Notifications
Clear all

Sebacia laser therapy

MemberMember
(@dipndotz)

Posted : 02/12/2019 8:34 pm

Has any one tried this? I just enrolled in a trial study for this procedure. It claims to have just as effective results as accutane. But with zero long term side effects

MemberMember
(@joedavola81)

Posted : 03/21/2019 2:53 pm

Any update on this Dipndotz? Im also very interested in this procedure but unfortunately noneof the trial sites are near me. I read somewhere that they are going to launch it in mid 2019 so it might end up near me. Mostly just looking to reduce oily skin so if this works like accutane without the sides Id be thrilled!

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 06/19/2020 7:17 am

Hi both, just wondering if either of you have tried the Sebacia laser? A clinic near me has it but wondering if it is effective at treating (super) oily skin?

MemberMember
(@rnic2)

Posted : 06/19/2020 11:20 am

i

3 hours ago, Laura630 said:

Hi both, just wondering if either of you have tried the Sebacia laser? A clinic near me has it but wondering if it is effective at treating (super) oily skin?

i was about to get it done and got the consultation was delayed because of the additional treatmentsrecommended because of my hormonal acne,by the physician i have. i was recommended a chemical peel, andphoto dynamic therapy to prep for Sebacia. My acne condition was serious at the moment tho. I was Quoted for $2400 in washington for sebacia, far more then the initial reviews i received. i'd like to know the price in your area.

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 06/22/2020 8:35 am

On 6/19/2020 at 6:20 PM, RNIC2 said:

i

i was about to get it done and got the consultation was delayed because of the additional treatmentsrecommended because of my hormonal acne,by the physician i have. i was recommended a chemical peel, andphoto dynamic therapy to prep for Sebacia. My acne condition was serious at the moment tho. I was Quoted for $2400 in washington for sebacia, far more then the initial reviews i received. i'd like to know the price in your area.

Thanks for the response! I live in Europe where prices seem to be much cheaper. It's $250 per session, 3 sessions needed.'I am going in for a consultation in a week, will let you know how it goes if I get it. My main concern is oily skin, although I also have hormonal acne. Is the peel and photo therapy for the hormonal acne?

MemberMember
(@rnic2)

Posted : 06/22/2020 8:17 pm

11 hours ago, Laura630 said:

Thanks for the response! I live in Europe where prices seem to be much cheaper. It's $250 per session, 3 sessions needed.'I am going in for a consultation in a week, will let you know how it goes if I get it. My main concern is oily skin, although I also have hormonal acne. Is the peel and photo therapy for the hormonal acne?

NICE, i wish i were to pay 1600 tops for all 3 as initially investigated by nationwide reviews but i guess i'll have to do the 2400. i'm assuming it was their attempt to fully shutdown any remaining pores and reach the majority of sebacious glands. And yes in my case, hormonaloily skin.

MemberMember
(@mboona)

Posted : 07/03/2020 12:23 pm

Did it work?

MemberMember
(@grizou78)

Posted : 07/30/2020 10:54 am

hello,

I allow myself to revive the subject.

Does anyone have any news?

has anyone test the laser?

I have been looking for a treatment for oily skin for years. i'm on accutane which works well but i don't want to be addicted to this treatment.

thank you

MemberMember
(@laura630)

Posted : 08/12/2020 9:16 am

On 7/30/2020 at 5:54 PM, Grizou78 said:

hello,

I allow myself to revive the subject.

Does anyone have any news?

has anyone test the laser?

I have been looking for a treatment for oily skin for years. i'm on accutane which works well but i don't want to be addicted to this treatment.

thank you

Hi there, I did a consult with a clinic who performs sebacia laser and they said they can't recommend doing it because it is not always effective. They said most of the times it is not effective actually.

If there are other treatments besides accutane that treat oily skin I'd love to know! :)

MemberMember
(@grizou78)

Posted : 08/14/2020 2:37 pm

Hi @Laura630thank you for your sharing. the dermatologist offered me this laser to avoid staying on accutane.

he offered to test and if it is inconclusive to start again on accutane.

I want to test but I am cooled by your testimony and by the fact that this treatment which targets the sebaceous glands is not the standard treatment.

on their website, however, they refer to the destruction of sebaceous glands responsible for overproduction of oil, so it should work in theory. but if in practice it does not do it, it is a lie.

I am confused.

I am like you,

I am looking for a remedy for this terribly oily skin. there is another laser under test which has a wavelength of 1726nm.

https://www.dermatologytimes.com/view/sebaceous-gland-destruction-viable-strategy-treat-acne