Notifications
Clear all

What type of scars do I have and what treatment is recommended?

MemberMember
(@heavyrun)

Posted : 02/12/2019 3:45 pm

I have a couple of active spots at the moment but would appreciate some advice for scar treatments for when my acne is fully under control. I live in the UK. Thanks

Left cheek:

781465096_Left1.thumb.jpg.3dd9d3121a838dbe42622c3d2640b30b.jpg

58791052_Left3.thumb.jpg.1fdefcab63cc1247bc43af63e66add3e.jpg

Right cheek:

1128868061_Right1.thumb.jpg.efd8929952d5ffa07f3a7b7cb92c6500.jpg

1278363997_Right2.thumb.jpg.199f1e3ced7a2c7807eea0e2307b6b0d.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/13/2019 11:01 am

This looks like more than a couple of zitsat the moment, this is severe. Please get this taken care of as the bacteria could spread and make things much worse. Some would even go on Accutane for this. I am afraid also of getting more scars unless the acne is taken care of, As such you must wait for acne scar treatment. And 6 months after Accutane if you decide to take it. I would definitely see a dermatologist about this to get a treatment for acne or look into laser treatments for the acne (too expensive though). Try a sulfur soap.

Scars you have rolling scars, box cars, discoloration.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.

use zinc only ones)!

ymbp and HeavyRun liked
MemberMember
(@heavyrun)

Posted : 02/13/2019 1:33 pm

2 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

This looks like more than a couple of zits at the moment, this is severe. Please get this taken care of as the bacteria could spread and make things much worse. Some would even go on Accutane for this. I am afraid also of getting more scars unless the acne is taken care of, As such you must wait for acne scar treatment. And 6 months after Accutane if you decide to take it. I would definitely see a dermatologist about this to get a treatment for acne or look into laser treatments for the acne (too expensive though). Try a sulfur soap.

Scars you have rolling scars, box cars, discoloration.

6-8 sessions of subcision, with over dilute sculptra for your wide spread scarring. In the latter subcision sessions you will get HA filler to the individual pits. 

RF needling for the box cars. You will most definitely need co2 laser after that.

Vascular laser for the reds - discoloration.

Several peels for the texure, j plasma, a deep laser resurfacing peel, or a deep acid peel.

Treat as you have time and money, many treat over 3 years. Treatments are every 3 months. Everything is optional.

Use nightly: Retin-a or tretinorin(prescription), or Differin (Target/Walmart), The Ordinary Granactive Retinoid. Cureology(USA) provides online prescriptions with customized skin care creams for your concerns, Yoderm for online derm scripts for all conditions(USA), or those in UK Dermatica provides the same thing. Apply a moisturizer when your face is dripping wet. Wait 5 minutes for it to dry, and then apply the tretinoin. This cuts down on irritation, you can also skip days of application if it's irritating and you need to build up. This provides skin turnover - new collagen. If you have any sort of skin discoloration (reds or browns), try PCA gel for Hyperpigmentaion (Amazon) or Cureology/Dermatica includes this in their products if ordered. Using this prevents hyperpigmentation from treatments. Niacinamide by The Ordinary is great for pores and discoloration as well.  Sunscreen is a must (for the sensitive use zinc only ones)!

Thanks for getting back to me beautifulambition, I appreciate the advice. I am currently on medication for acne but I'll admit with the lighting and angle the acne could look severe. I can assure you this isn't the case as shown in the below pictures in more normal lighting, I have a lot of hyperpigmentation. My scars have had a significant impact on me psychologically and so I am currently treating my acne but wanted to make a plan for scar treatments as something hopeful to look forward to. So thank you for your advice.  

1199715869_Left(2).thumb.jpg.80d3e62e5fdea7c8a463197bc109f1d0.jpg1904273060_Right(1).thumb.jpg.a16a0929840723462363c52f258ad060.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 02/14/2019 10:50 am

@HeavyRunGreat, thanks for sharing. Look into PIcosure, picoway, etc... for PIE or v-beam vascular laser(redness).