Notifications
Clear all

Can anyone identify my scars and provide info on best treatments?

MemberMember
(@julsss)

Posted : 01/26/2019 10:38 pm

Hello, my name is Jules. I am hoping someone can help me pin point the type of scarring I have and what treatments and options would be best effective. I definitely do still have some active acne, especially around the jaw/chin area, but my skin has come a long way from how it used to be. I also feel that some of the lumps along my jaw may not be active but possibly scars? I currently derma roll every 2 weeks with a .5 mm roller. Any information you might be able to provide would be appreciated very much! Thank you! Ps. Sorry about the poor lighting and angles Snapchat-1175779401.thumb.jpg.4a6930742f76ee93bca9f0df1cd1c85f.jpg

Snapchat-556693336.jpg

Snapchat-576971404.jpg

Snapchat-258147679.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 01/27/2019 11:54 am

@Julsss

Hi there I would rate your scarring as severe .

You have rolling scars mainly all over, perhaps some box cars, ... can't tell about the icepicks in the pics. Your raised scars are hypertrophic scarring, the microneedling might be causing this so discuss with the Dr and stop if they agree on hypertrophic scarring which is the body causing inflammation and excess tissues. Scarring around this area can be caused by hormonal acne, speak with your Dr about treating this and if they feel it's the cause.

Typically raised scars they inject with steriod prior to laser.

[removed]

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.