Notifications
Clear all

Chemical Peel HELP!

MemberMember
(@aloecat)

Posted : 01/18/2019 8:20 pm

It's the third day after my chemical peel. My skin is looking.... for lack of better term, nasty! It's itchy and starting to peel. I'm extremely pale so it's pretty red! I've heard this is all routine so I'm not really worried, just pretty uncomfortable!

It appears that there are some little bumps on my skin (not pimples) I think thats just a side effect of the chemical peel. My face feels warm just like after a sunburn which I've heard is expected.

My Question: I'm a little confused on how much to moisturize as this is my first peel. Do I moisturize throughout the day? Do I use a lot? A regular amount? Just a little??? Only at night and in the morning? I use aquaphor at night (no, it doesn't clog my pores) so its kinda like vaseline, SUPER moisturizing. In the morning I use a tinted sunscreen (41 spf, the elta MD one [I haven't been going in the sun at all])

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you :) 

MemberMember
(@aloecat)

Posted : 01/20/2019 12:53 am

Fourth day after chemical peel... I'm peeling and thats all well and good BUT I'm getting these tiny pimples ALL over my forehead and on my chin and on the tip of my nose. I have never had pimples on my forehead and they're completely new and caused by this peel. I don't know what's going on someone please help.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 01/20/2019 9:12 am

can you upload photos?

4 days is not really a long time to let your skin heal.

even a quick search will say it takes up to 7 days for your skin to heal from a chemical peel. in my experience, using harsh products / scrubs, it takes 1-2 weeks for my skin to fully calm down.