Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
starrysugar

help me - i just picked after about a month of not doing it

hello. i just stumbled across this page while looking for reassurance. i am a 16 year old female. today, i went to my bathroom to pee and brush my teeth, and ended up picking just about every spot on my face without realizing i’d done it. after freaking out rather massively about what i’d done, i covered the mirror up with an old sweater and said “never again.” after that i showered and got to work on my red swollen forehead and chin. when i was done taking care of that, i still felt terrible. i know i am doing more harm than good to my skin by doing this but when i start i just can’t seem to stop. if anyone has any tips besides seeing a therapist because i’ve tried that and personally it didn’t work for me it would be really helpful. 

I am so sorry you are going through this.  It is so hard to leave them alone, especially if they itch or hurt. I can't help with suggestions,  but know where you are coming from.  Prayers to you.

I just have to keep telling myself to not pick. It is so hard but I know my face will never heal if I do. :(