Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I’m going to start accutane for second time, but i a have a doubt. When I’m on accutane my acne tends to left me scars even when I don’t touch it or squeeze it. How can I prevent scars this time? My dermatologist said that I’ll not happen. When I’m not taking accutane the big cysts don’t don’t left me scars, I think is because I use Benzoyl Peroxide and Clindamycin, before when I taked first time accutane I don’t used this. I need help

It is difficult, but there are VERY effective lasers to treat EARLY scars. I am not sure what they are called, but early scar remodelling is very effective, watch some Davin Lim videos. Make sure your skin is always moisturised. 

Sadly there is not much we can do prevent scars while your on acctutane. Don't pick the scars, let the Accutane do it's work. The skin will change even 6 months after you stop Accutane with improvement so it's a long process. The skin is very fragile while on Accutane wear sunscreen and moisturize. No harsh products or scrubs, eat a diet full of fruit and veg.

I am having trouble with what else your asking to help you. 

Please post a picture of your scarring if you need help. Redness is always normal during this process as wounds heal.