Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all, 

After have no acne my whole life (I am 24 and get some pimples on my chin during my period), I have been suffering from sore and itchy spots on both sides of my chin for the past 4 months. It came about out of nowhere, and slowly and steadily has been getting worse over the past 4 months. I thought it was acne at first because I had messed up my birth control back in October and this started right after. However, after doing more research, I think it may be perioral dermatitis. I also cut out gluten form my diet for about 3 weeks to lose weight, and when I re-introduced it was also around the same time this came about. It is very dry and itchy and uncomfortable. Although I do get some clusters of whiteheads among the redness and bumps, the whiteheads are smaller and surrounded my red....not like typical whiteheads I would get. 

Can anyone advise if they think this is perioral dermatitis or acne? 

Edited by Sturnbike

3 hours ago, Sturnbike said:

perioral dermatitis

im not saying you have it but ive read online that itchy skin can be a sign of a fungal/yeast acne problem(?)

can you visit a dermatologist?