Notifications
Clear all

When will my skin match my lifestyle??

MemberMember
(@printmasterjo12)

Posted : 12/17/2018 12:09 am

Ahhhhhhhhh I'm so frustrated! It feels like I'm doing everything right, but my skin just won't get better.

After stopping birth control FOUR YEARS AGO (I'm 23 now)my skin has been a series of eruptionsalong my jawline/neck, sides of my mouth/lower cheek and shoulders.

I eat super clean- fresh fruits and vegetables, meat/fish 3xa week, healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, coconut oil,nuts, almond butter,etc), eggs, bone broth, brown rice/quinoa, fermented foods (kombucha, almond milk yogurt,andsauerkraut),and the occasional gluten-free bread slice/piece of dark dark chocolate (like twice a week) - no dairy/lactose, no gluten, no legumes, no fried foods, very very little refined sugar.

I drink at least 2 liters of water everyday plus herbal teas - no caffeine or alcohol.

I take supplements every day including: probiotics, magnesium, Omega 3, B-complex,D3,a digestive enzyme, and recently Vital proteins collagen peptides(plus iron and DIM when menstruating).

I workout 5-6 days/week, meditateregularly, and spend a lot of time outside.

I wash my face every night with Dr. Bronner's tea treeoil soap, a layer of fresh aloe and Acure moisturizer for sensitive skin. If there's ever a bad flare-up I'll do a honey face mask and spot treat with ice cubes.

I'm a full time student, and suffer from some anxiety so there is stress in my life, but I feel like I have plenty of coping mechanisms (exercise, journaling, counseling, art, meditation).

Besides past health issues including: IBS from years ofbulimia (ED no longer an issue), potential PCOS and the need for antibiotics (9x in the past 4 years) I'm currently healthy.

In general I'd say I'm aconfident person, but this skin issuereally does affectme. I won't leave the house without makeup (Mineral Fusion)to mask my spots,andthere are days that I just don't want to leave the house in general.

What's worse, is that all of my family and friends haveperfect skin, so they don't understand the struggle!

Sorry for all the ranting,I just feel like I've hit a wall anddon't know what else I can do...

It's nice to find a community of people that are going through the same thing, so let me know if you have any ideas or things that worked for you!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@gettablegrate)

Posted : 12/18/2018 11:17 pm

It sounds like you're doing everything right naturally but unfortunately for some people like myself you need more than natural remedies.

I don't want to give you bad advice but if I were in your position I would use a gentle cleanser with salicylic acid, maybe some AHA and moisturise.

I'd avoid benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin if you can. Unfortunately for me it looks like I'm stuck using these because if I stop I will break out pretty bad. So if you haven't used these you're in a good position.