Notifications
Clear all

Trying to figure out the term for...

MemberMember
(@whitewave)

Posted : 12/05/2018 5:17 am

... the teardrop-shaped, solid, tiny deposits that sometimes come out of a raised pore instead of pus. Does anyone know? They're about1/8th the sizeof a grain of typical jasmine or sushi rice; same translucent color too. I find them occasionally on my face, chest and arms; I would find them on my former partner's back too.

Similarly, I've "popped out" equally tiny pearl-shaped things of the same size, butbrighter-white in color.

They're not sacs; they're solid. They don't produce any blood or oil once removed. The teardrop-shaped ones I encounter more than the pearl ones. They're such a clean removal that they remind me of the black or white follicles you see when plucking hairs like youreyebrows - except those are always squishier. What I'm talking about are exactly like I described in comparing them to rice in their consistency.

I just don't know what to Google to even find any images of 'em to figure out what to officially call them. Any ideas?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/05/2018 8:52 pm

its just hardened sebum.

when your body over produces sebum, it can cause problems resulting in blocked pores. this could be due to your genetics, diet or using the wrong products on your face.