Notifications
Clear all

Acne scab pulled off, hyperpigmentation or formation of scar?

MemberMember
(@nickortiz)

Posted : 11/26/2018 9:39 pm

Today is Monday when Im writing this. On Friday night, two scabs developed because I squeezed too hard at clogged pores, they were tempting to get out and I was impatient. So, with all of my scabs, they usually heal for a few days and come off easily, then the hyperpigmentation goes away and its fine. HOWEVERfor this one, I pulled it off too early. Yesterday,Sunday night I came home and it waskinda cold, so the dry air dried up the area around my scab, and it looked like I can peel it off. I should not have done that, because i thinkthere is raw skin exposed now, and I have no ideaif it will even heal or not and if it can heal, idk how long it will take.Im positive that one part of it is raw skin because when I took a shower it felt a bit sensetiveto the water.

MY QUESTION: will my actions of taking the scab off early form another scab, will it form a little scar,or will it just heal by itself without the skin?

also, should I be applying aloe Vera gel over this every night to help heal it or let it be alone?

[Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@luisvz95)

Posted : 11/28/2018 5:18 pm

Will more than likely stay there for a few weeks if not months, depending on your genes.