Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars and dating.

MemberMember
(@prettytrash)

Posted : 11/12/2018 11:47 pm

Hi, I'm new here so sorry if my formatting is bad. I'm 22 years old and for the first time after a 6 year relationship I am wanting to start dating again. However, i have deep acne scars on both sides of my face that don't show up in photos unless under bad light. I have had 3 microdermabrasions so far that have helped the smaller scars a little and have 3 microneedling sessions paid for, with my first being next week. I have a date in a couple of weeks who doesn't know I have acne scars. I don't want to bring it up just yet in case it gives a bad impression. Do our scars really look 100x worse to us than they do to others? I have been told my scars aren't that bad, however I want to die whenever I see them in bad light. Should we tell our dates about our imperfections before we meet? Sorry for the long post, but hope you guys can help me out a little.

MemberMember
(@prettytrash)

Posted : 11/19/2018 5:55 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/19/2018 10:29 am

if people who know you, say your scars are not that bad,trust them.

don'tfocus on negative thoughts.

..but if you tell this person before you meet you have "X" problem (which might not exist)your pretty much letting yourinsecurities sabotagethe date before it has even started.

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 11/20/2018 12:26 pm

Almost no one has perfect skin, even though in photos it might seem so. I know I wouldnt care about scars