Notifications
Clear all

Do you think it's safe to poke a needle in this cyst?

MemberMember
(@huggablescene)

Posted : 11/11/2018 8:53 pm

So I've had this big cyst on my nose for about a week now. I've been using a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment with a vitamin C serum over top ever since I got it. I tried icing it and I've been real gentle, but it's barely gone down in size. It's got this nasty white center and the benzoyl peroxide doesn't seem to be helping with the redness at all. I'm wondering if it looks to anyone like I might be able to extract that bacteria by gently poking a small hole into the white area with a needle. I have these acne covering patches ([NexcareAcne Absorbing Covers]), I was thinking of poking a small hole and putting one of these over, then using maybe tea tree oil/vitamin C serum after to help with swelling?
Got a big week coming up, I know the pimple won't go away over night, but I really want to make it as not disgusting as possible. Think I can do this needle thing? Any other advice?

MemberMember
(@goddess420)

Posted : 12/29/2018 4:20 am

No go to demo for steroid shot

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 12/29/2018 9:50 am

Do you think it's safe to poke a needle in this cyst?

no, sounds like a bad idea. you could cause an infection or permanent scarring.

apart from diet, cysts are normally due to blocked pores (bad soaps/creams)and in my experience, when left alone, they go away in 1-2 weeks.

MemberMember
(@stevedaking)

Posted : 12/29/2018 2:14 pm

Might want to try l-lysine to reduce the redness/appearance of the cyst.