Notifications
Clear all

20 mg isotretinoin and erection

MemberMember
(@frizk)

Posted : 11/11/2018 5:58 am

Hi,

I have been on a very low dose of isotretinoin starting out with 10mg/daily and have now bumped up to 20mg/day. As I started reading about the side effects of the drug I started to stress about erectile dysfunction since I experienced not too long ago problem with maintaining an erection but this might be related to have been drinking heavily that day. Anyways, now I'm stressing up myself about it and can't stop thinking about it whether I have problems with it or just making it up in my head.

Is there any possibility to experience erectile dysfunction and especially on such a low dose of this drug? Is there anyway I can get a clear answer whether i have it or not, doctor? Can this drug make you start thinking in another way and stressing you up for nothing?

MemberMember
(@frizk)

Posted : 11/12/2018 1:21 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@inedan)

Posted : 11/19/2018 1:30 pm

I've never heard of this before

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 11/20/2018 6:10 am

On 11/11/2018 at 10:58 AM, Frizk said:

Hi,

I have been on a very low dose of isotretinoin starting out with 10mg/daily and have now bumped up to 20mg/day. As I started reading about the side effects of the drug I started to stress about erectile dysfunction since I experienced not too long ago problem with maintaining an erection but this might be related to have been drinking heavily that day. Anyways, now I'm stressing up myself about it and can't stop thinking about it whether I have problems with it or just making it up in my head.

Is there any possibility to experience erectile dysfunction and especially on such a low dose of this drug? Is there anyway I can get a clear answer whether i have it or not, doctor? Can this drug make you start thinking in another way and stressing you up for nothing?

I personally know someone who only took for 10 days and he is impotent 7 years latter. You will find his posts =Crank

Trust me - stop taking this drug now if you have even a hint of sexual side effects or if you notice that you are not enjoying things as this is related to diminished libido and you won't get it back!

https://www.ema.europa.eu/documents/psusa/isotretinoin-oral-formulations-cmdh-scientific-conclusions-grounds-variation-amendments-product/00010488/201611_en.pdf

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 11/20/2018 8:45 am

19 hours ago, Inedan said:

I've never heard of this before

Are you joking!!

Spread the word - comment on the petition. Dubya has the details!!

MemberMember
(@numberone)

Posted : 11/20/2018 12:06 pm

Are you aware you are not supposed to be drinking any alcohol while taking this medication?