Notifications
Clear all

I seriously need help

MemberMember
(@war0118)

Posted : 11/07/2018 7:38 pm

So a few months ago I had the worst breakout I've ever had in my life. I'm not sure if it was random or due to some treatments that I was trying at the time. I stopped doing everything. I went straight caveman regimen to try and help and it seemed like it helped a little. The only things I do now is use tamanu oil for HIP and I've been taking some vitamins and I even went and bought a filtered showerhead for my shower to help filter the water I use on my face. It just seems like nothing I'm doing is working. I'm seriously at a loss. I cant take this anymore. I'm a 24 year old Male and I shouldn't have to deal with acne as long as I have. I believe its hereditary from my mom but there has got to be something I can do I keep trying to just have faith that it'll get better and be patient but my confidence is at a zero and I honestly just dont know how much longer I can deal with this. Below are pictures from about 3 months ago to now. I dont know if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or try something else.

First set is now and second is before

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 11/09/2018 10:31 am

On 11/8/2018 at 12:38 AM, War0118 said:

So a few months ago I had the worst breakout I've ever had in my life. I'm not sure if it was random or due to some treatments that I was trying at the time. I stopped doing everything. I went straight caveman regimen to try and help and it seemed like it helped a little. The only things I do now is use tamanu oil for HIP and I've been taking some vitamins and I even went and bought a filtered showerhead for my shower to help filter the water I use on my face. It just seems like nothing I'm doing is working. I'm seriously at a loss. I cant take this anymore. I'm a 24 year old Male and I shouldn't have to deal with acne as long as I have. I believe its hereditary from my mom but there has got to be something I can do I keep trying to just have faith that it'll get better and be patient but my confidence is at a zero and I honestly just dont know how much longer I can deal with this. Below are pictures from about 3 months ago to now. I dont know if I should just keep doing what I'm doing or try something else.

First set is now and second is before

(not a doctor but as someone who suffers from acne prone skin...)

imo the caveman regimen is excellent to test whether or not, a product (soap/cream etc), excessive face washing or face touching/picking is causing your problem.

i say, keep it simple for a few weeks.

2 things i would recommend would only use a very mild, sensitive soap and wash your face once a day.
+
and do some research on acne and diet. it might be you only need to remove 1 or 2 things from your diet to greatly improve your skin. (ie milk / fizzy drinks etc).

using the wrong products on your face can block pores & cause excess sebum, resulting spots and redness.
i find johnsons baby soap is excellent for me - but as a rule, a soap should never cause you excess facial redness (a lot of bad soaps have sls)

also do some research on post acne marks as they are easily mistaken for spots.