Notifications
Clear all

Help Needed!

MemberMember
(@mandles)

Posted : 10/25/2018 6:19 am

Hello all, I am in desperate need of help and feel like I'm reaching the end of my tether with my skin. Started developing adult hormonal acne about 3 years ago which I have managed to control on oral antibiotics. However, now me and hubby are wanting to start a family and have been advised by the doc that I shouldn't take anything internally now due to effects on pregnancy. Since stopping the anti b's my skin has gone haywire and nothing I do has helped, the doctors are also out of ideas.
Have tried benzoyl peroxide on and off for the last 6 months but my skin reacts horribly to this so have stopped. Please please please if anyone has any advise on topical treatments/skin care that has worked for them I would be so grateful, I've got to the point now where I've started cancelled plans with friends as I'm so self concious about my skin and wouldn't even dream of leaving the house without full make up. Thanks in advance
Make up on in pics

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 10/30/2018 12:42 pm

I used the acne.org regimen and thought BP didn't work for me either. I got chemical burns from using the amount suggested, and because of the irritation, it caused me to break out more.

Someone suggested another regimen that also included BP in it...I was very hesitant to try it; as I had such a bad experience before. I figured I had nothing to lose regardless, so I tried it and it did work...I believe BP, when used with the right combination of products (and the right amount - SMALL - NOT a finger length like suggested), you can have success with it too.

Where do you live? The regimen I use is available in the states, Canada and Australia so maybe you could give it a try too.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/31/2018 8:41 am

have you done some research on hormonal acne? it might be that you need to avoid certain things in your diet.

for me (adult hormonal acne), i find using johnsons baby soap & using a very small amount of sudocrem helps my skin. - i think the goal for anyone with acne should be to keep it very basic and avoid harsh creams like BP (which cause more problem then they are worth).