Help!

MemberMember
(@flatclue)

Posted : 10/19/2018 2:10 pm

Hi all,

I am writing this post in hopes that someone can figure out what is going on with my face. For years,I have used Neutrogena because it has helped my skin. Back in June, small bumps began to appear on my forehead and I thought it was just bad acne. I drank tons of water and used my Neutrogenabut the bumps were not going away! They were not itchy and looked terrible in the light. I did research and thought that it was pityrosporum folliculitis. Doing more research, I saw that Nizoral Dandruff Shampoo helped with this problem. I tried it out for a month and it lessened the look of the bumps but it did not get rid of it! I went off of Nizoral because it was drying up my face and from there, it felt like the bumps were getting worse and definitely not going away! At the end of August, I went back on Nizoral and it made my skin even worse. I stopped using it after two days when I saw that it was making my skin worse. I went back to my normal skin care routine with Neutrogena and started using vitamin E oil on my face. However, it is still not clearing up my skin and I'm gaining acne that hurts because they are under the skin. Are there any products you guys would recommend? I am Filipino, 18 years old, and have oily skin. Please help! Thank you.

MemberMember
(@cboi2323)

Posted : 10/19/2018 10:23 pm

Maybe try a gentle face wash and then following it up with benzoyl peroxide and then a moisturizer.
I had bad acne and used benzoyl peroxide to get rid of it. Make sure you don't over dry your skin so start of with a small amount of benzoyl peroxide and maybe use it every other day. I hope this helps! I am not a dermatologist so take my advice don't take my advice i don't know. This is just what worked for me.

MemberMember
(@guruofacne)

Posted : 10/23/2018 11:58 am

Hello,
I want to help you because it sounds like we may have gone through a few of the same things. One thing that may be effecting your acne is your diet. Take a look at the things you eat and drink throughout the day. Try drinking a gallon of water every day and drinking only water. Sugary drinks and foods effected my skin heavily. Also if you drink or eat any dairy products, try taking a break from them. Dairy cows are treated with artificial hormones which can throw human hormone levels off significantly. Another key thing about our face is that it is very sensitive. I also had very oily skin and tried using a fragrance and oil free facial cleanser. It worked great but I started to see great results once I got a facial moisturizer with vitamin C or collagen. Another great stress reliever that could be a possible lead to your breakouts is the amount of exercise you are getting. Try excercising for 30 minutes a day and immediately after wash your face off with lukewarm water. This allows cell waste and toxins to escape your body. The number one is going to be your diet. Orange and yellow fruits vegetables are great for your skin so try digesting more of those. And once again try cutting out dairy products and saturated fat foods or drinks high in sugar. The second most important aspect is your skin routine. I used an exfoliating brush and this upped my game up heavily because it helped clean out all the toxins hiding in my pores. You also want to make sure your skin is hydrated so you want to get a skin sensitive facial moisturizer you apply after a facial cleanse. attached are the products I used that you can buy for cheap on Amazon. I really recommend trying these products and following the steps I told you above.
Vitamin C facial cleanser: [InstaNatural Vitamin C Facial Cleanser]
Facial Cleansing brush: [ETEREAUTY Facial Brush]
Face moisturizer: [TruSkin Daily Facial Moisturizer]