Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne at 15

MemberMember
(@jasong358)

Posted : 09/23/2018 10:58 pm

I™m 15 years old and I have acne for about 3 years now, it™s gotten to the point where I don™t want to do anything else but stay home and play video games.Any suggestions are greatly appreciated image.thumb.jpg.bd31d19f9a10a122eee64304413ab786.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/24/2018 2:15 pm

Gel cleansers are better once in the morning and once at nighttime - get a skincare routine in place, sounds obvious but change your towels and pillowcases regularly. Another thing some people do is change there diet. Currently there is no evidence to suggest dairy and sugar cause Acne. Your acne looks worse than mine I was at the dermatologist recently and am on antibiotics called trimethroprim 400miligrams.i get whiteheads. try tetralycline minocycline treclinic benzyol peroxide clindamycin eththyromyin salosylic acid.I went through the sad times aswel.- have scars now due doctors being no good. I know it's hard but try and stay away from Fatty foods such as chips and burgers. Drink alot of water daily. Hope this helps.IMG_20180917_141931.thumb.jpg.32702316fe39e3ff849aa2ba9e610ccb.jpg

I don't know if you've ever heard of accutanne it's a tablet that's the last resort. It has alot of side effects. I suggest going to your doctor and letting them know.x

MemberMember
(@flyrice)

Posted : 10/09/2018 6:32 pm

When I was 15, I was in the same situation as you. In fact, I actually had the type of acne as yourself. I'm sure you have some type of acne product to combat the situation, but Retin-A Gel really worked for me. I started to not eat carbs and do light/moderate workouts every day and slowly but surely, most of the really bad acne went away. I also wanted to just stay home and avoid people starting at me. Now as a 19 year old, I have occasional pimples, and strangely they only appear on my chin area. What I've learned is not to pick at them and not to wash your face more than once a day.