Notifications
Clear all

My Cruelty Free Survivor Kit for Accutane

MemberMember
(@convenient_username)

Posted : 09/22/2018 6:23 pm

I am one month on 50mg accutane. I wanted to share my personal cruelty free survivor kit (I.e. regimen) to combat symptoms dryness. A month in and my skin is not flaking. Please note, not everything is vegan.

My motivation to share this stems from the belief and misconception that CeraVe and other such brands are the only go to for accutane.
----- 
Facial Cleanser (2 times a day):
Biossance, "Squalane+Antioxidant Cleansing oil" ($30.00, non-comedogenic!!!, vegan) 

Facial Moisturizer (2 times a day, on clean face):
Biossance, "Squalane+Probiotic Gel Moisturizer" ($52.00, non-comedogenic~, vegan)

Biossance is expensive brand but it lasts long, particularly the moisturizer. I habe found it is well worth the money for the quality ingredients and use. 

Hair: 
Alaffia, "Neem Turmeric Shampoo w/ Rosemary and Tea Tree" - Dry Hair & Scalp line ($9.99, vegan)

Alaffia, "Conditioner Tea Tree, Shea, & Turmeric Moisturizing Neem" - also for dry scalp ($9.99, vegan)

(Upon research I've read that neem is great for hair growth and turmeric is great for hair loss prevention. Hello, turmeric supplements! Nice to see you over the counter ;) )

Lips:
Farmacy, "Honey Savior" - all in one skin repair ($34.00)
(Versatile use for dry, cracked skin. I use this as a Lip Mask, a great dupe for Laniege's Lip Mask. Leave on as long as you can (e.g. at bedtime). No matter what you use this for, the tube will last you long.)

My current body moisturizer had leaping bunny certification but lost it after they began selling in China. I won't be listing it here nor will I re-stock when I run out. 

I also have makeup recommendations for those who are cruelty free and on accutane. Although, I warn, I don't use high coverage foundation. 

Thank you for reading! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

S.S.

MemberMember
(@rickybobby2018)

Posted : 10/11/2018 1:59 am

Has anyone had side effects long term from accutane on pituitary or testosterone dysfunction!?