Retin a

MemberMember
(@shaymay)

Posted : 09/16/2018 5:32 pm

I was prescribed retin-a 0.1% strength. I was given this as I apparently have over active oil glands and hormonal issues since I break out on my chin. Ive only been using it once a week for about a month and a half because my skin is really sensitive. I broke out really really bad 2 weeks ago (worst I ever have), had to get steroid injection because it was so inflamed and she said to continue the Retin a. Plus the BP wash she gave me and an antibiotic. I used the Retin a again but I just feel like I am breaking out worse than I ever have and I dont know if its from that or if it would have happened anyways and I feel discouraged from using this product anymore. I want to quit it but I dont know if its the cause or not... any thoughts? I dont know if its worth it even if its a purging phase as I only got 1 once in a while now its been continuously a new pimple (cyst like) for the past 2 frickin weeks

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/18/2018 6:22 am

BP wash doesnt do jack I suggest getting a mild cleanser. For the retin A are you using the cream or gel? The gel is the one you should be using. For the jnflamed pimples maybe try retin A at night and benzoyl peroxide topical in the morning. Retin A can take 4-6 months. Thr breakouts your experiencing are IB which means everything under the skin is coming out.