Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid567

Skin is getting worse

Hi guys
So recently my skin seems to be getting worse. Having bad skin is nothing new to me but over the last 3-4 months I have been getting more spots that just cover my entire face. I have tried various over the counter faces washes etc and retinoids. If anyone has any tips I would be grateful. 

ED5B0E85-257C-4F22-B303-33CF309452C3.thumb.jpeg.18f8cea15a3dde06608f38bb73d9fdf5.jpeg

I would suggest using a combination of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide and Differin (adapalene .1%) on alternate nights. Using a face wash with salicylic acid if you have oily skin or using a gentle face wash like Cetaphil if you have sensitive skin may also be useful. Make sure you are also eating a healthy diet with low glycemic foods, fruits, veggies, and omega 3s. I would say to give it a try for a few months to see if your acne improves. Remember that it can take anywhere from 3-6 months to see improvement. But if in a couple of months you haven't noticed a difference then I would go to a dermatologist. They can prescribe you topical retinoids and antibiotics that are much stronger than products found otc. 

I agree with the above poster.  You may need a different retinoid and maybe some lifestyle and diet changes.  Acne can be such a hard puzzle to solve but hang in there.   What retinoids have you used so far.