Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am sixteen years old and just started accutane last week (claravis brand isotretinoin). I'm fully aware that eating disorders should be addressed before treatment via isotretinoin begins, however i have an undiagnosed case of anorexia, and for personal family reasons it is not an option for me to coome clean with my doctors about this at the moment, though i do plan to as soon as it's safe

I'm wondering if anyone knows what sort of information is given to those who take accutane while suffering from anorexia. 

I'm eating every time i take the medication, as directed, but i have one pill in the morning and another at night and i get horribly sick every time i eat twice a day because my body isnt equipped to deal with that much food at once. how much do i have to eat with my meds? i know fat aids the absorption of the medication and i should be eating a full meal with it or it may impact effectiveness or make me feel ill.

would taking it with a glass of full-fat milk be sufficient?

disclaimer: im not asking for anyone to give me any sort of input on my disorder, how i should get over it, how i need to talk to my doctor, etc. i just want advice on how to work at a healthy pace toward my self-directed recovery without compromising my acne treatment