Notifications
Clear all

any tips on prepping for a sugar pill breakout?

MemberMember
(@altaria)

Posted : 09/11/2018 3:30 am

I started the contraceptive pill (Levlen ED) several months ago because my cycle had been irregular for over a year and my cramps were debilitating. But I've noticed that every month during the sugar pill I had explosive cystic acne all over my cheeks, nose and chin (none on my forehead, at least). These usually die down by the time the sugar pill week ends as I take the ethinyloestradiol again.

Since I was 18 I always had pretty mild acne all over my face and have always been very prone to scars, but I've never had cystic acne like this before taking the pill. This only happens on the sugar pill - on the ethinyloestradiol pills my skin is fine (only a couple small white heads here and there). I went to my GP and talked to her about it and she suggested that I try skipping periods so that I would only have a period every 3 months and my skin would have more time to heal between periods (because I'm Vietnamese descent with fair skin I tend to get a lot of hyperpigmentation though :((). So in 3 weeks I'm due to take my next sugar pill and I'm 99% I'm due for another fiery breakout. I was wondering if anyone else experienced this and had any tips and tricks to do in preparation? (Both physically and mentally!)

Thanks! xx

MemberMember
(@vulneraryrain)

Posted : 09/11/2018 4:24 pm

Usually if its internal there really isnt a way to prevent a breakout imo. If it was in thr surface it would be preventable normally, but internally is a different story as the pimples form within. They dont form from your skin being dirty, so sadly you gotta rough it through. You could try zinc picolate supplements and see if that helps though.

altaria liked