Notifications
Clear all

Rolling scar - skin feels different

MemberMember
(@acnegone2006)

Posted : 09/01/2018 12:16 am

I have one rolling scar.

I have been massaging it to try and get rid of it but I notice where the scar is, it is very smooth skin....is this normal?

It also feels more sensitive. does that mean anything?

MemberMember
(@machiavelli)

Posted : 09/01/2018 1:57 am

For scars to feel different to the surrounding skin? sure, that's just down to how the collagen in the dermis is arranged. Typically though, with rolling scars, the collagen arrangement aside from the tether is more or less fine, so if they 'feel different' to (what I'm assuming is) normal surrounding skin, then that scar has issues beyond the tether (which really isn't unusual, acne scar categories overlap so much) most seem to be 'hybrids' or one or another category rather than 'pure'. if you get me.

As for sensitivity, ticklish or itchy scars aren't uncommon, especially during the first 3-4 years.

MemberMember
(@acnegone2006)

Posted : 09/01/2018 4:06 am

2 hours ago, machiavelli said:

For scars to feel different to the surrounding skin? sure, that's just down to how the collagen in the dermis is arranged. Typically though, with rolling scars, the collagen arrangement aside from the tether is more or less fine, so if they 'feel different' to (what I'm assuming is) normal surrounding skin, then that scar has issues beyond the tether (which really isn't unusual, acne scar categories overlap so much) most seem to be 'hybrids' or one or another category rather than 'pure'. if you get me.

As for sensitivity, ticklish or itchy scars aren't uncommon, especially during the first 3-4 years.

If its still sensitive (only 1year old) does it mean its still in the healing stage?