Notifications
Clear all

Clear Skin on Placebo Week?

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 08/28/2018 3:17 pm

I switched to Ocella about two months ago and since the third week on the pill, I have seen an increase in the amount and severity of my breakouts. I have never experienced an IB on bc before. I skipped my placebo pills during the first month, and now I am noticing that on the placebo pills this month my skin is really starting to clear up. I went from breaking out every day, to literally nothing at all. Should I stay on this pill for another month, or is this a sign I may need to stop?

MemberMember
(@leadclear)

Posted : 09/04/2018 11:11 pm

Hi,

yes, Im going through the same thing. I am currently taking ortho tri cyclen Lo. Im on my second pack and notice that I break out A LOT the week before my period/the placebo pills, and then once I start taking the placebo pills, I dont break out at all. Im pretty sure its the increase in progestin is whats causing more severe breakouts, and then stopping the hormones is whats causing clearer skin. If I were you, I would give it another month just to see if your hormones will balance out. So far, mine have not either but hoping they will soon or I will definitely be switching.

Good luck and let me know your progress!

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 09/05/2018 10:51 am

Hi! Just letting you know that as soon as I started the next pack, I broke out again as in like three days in I had a huge whopping cyst-so I stopped mid pack :( I am having  a bit of a meltdown though because I am still breaking out. I'm not entirely sure what to do. I feel like I need to wait it out because clearing during the placebo week gives me some sort of hope that it will clear up. How is everything for you?

MemberMember
(@leadclear)

Posted : 09/05/2018 8:14 pm

Im sorry:// but just so you know, youre not alone. I, along with many others Im sure, are going through the exact same thing right now. I just had a derm appointment and I wanted to cry. Im hoping Ill be able to switch to a full-dose birth control next week and it will *hopefully* finally clear things up. I suggest you talk to your derm/obgyn because you should never have to settle if you are unhappy. I thought I would clear up too, and then once I started the next pack I started breaking out again.

Keep me updated!

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 09/06/2018 6:26 pm

Exactly! Its been really difficult for me. Some days I'm like "I should just quit birth control all together" and other days I'm like "There are so many pills keep experimenting!". It's a little unnerving considering this pill did such a number on my skin, and so I'm nervous that the same will happen on another pill. I scheduled an appointment with my gynecologist in a few days-I'll let you know what we do from there! I'm sending you lots of positive vibes!

MemberMember
(@19patel99)

Posted : 09/12/2018 10:03 pm

I'm not sure if anyone is still following this, but I stopped Ocella about a week ago and it really seemed like things were improving, and all of a sudden- like literally overnight I broke out like crazy. I emailed my doctor for a new pill, but I'm petrified.

I dont know what to do!