Notifications
Clear all

What to do with oiliness from Differin?

MemberMember
(@the-overlord)

Posted : 08/25/2018 11:59 am

Hi guys,

so I've been using Differin since the end of last year now. I was using the 0.1 and it actually worked really well to clear me up! After a few months I only used it every other day though because it was a bit irritating and my face became quite red.
now in the summer I'm back to using it more regularly but my face got really oily! My dermatologist gave me the 0.3 tube now and I'm trying that out but still I have like an oil slick on the face!
I used to have super dry and flaky skin and no problems with oiliness whatsoever. How did you guys deal with that? Washing my face more just seems to irritate it and not make it better at all.
I'd really like to stick using this stuff because it's the first thing that has ever cleared me up properly but looking like I just put Vaseline all over my face all day is not really better.
Does it get better after a while when using the 0.3?

Thanks for your input!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2018 1:47 pm

I try a really good exfoliater and gel cleanser to see if it benefits it

MemberMember
(@besimple)

Posted : 08/25/2018 2:54 pm

I am a naturally oily person, and what works for me is rinsing my face with plain lukewarm water through out the day. You can also try blotting your face with a kleenex when you do not have access to water.