Notifications
Clear all

Does anyone feel like treatments just make their scars worse?

MemberMember
(@firmmedicine)

Posted : 08/25/2018 6:18 am

I know I cant be the only one whos been on this journey to improve their scars and just find that pretty much every treatment just makes it worse or leaves it the same at the end of the day. Ive had infini, tca cross, lasers etc, and every treatment they always tell you it might look worse before it looks better and that it takes time to heal but I always take proper care of my skin and I eat the healthiest diet anyone can imagine and I just don't see it working. It doesn't make it any easier that theres pretty much no definitive before and after pictures we can look at that give us any hope, even Dr Lim has started to change the lighting in his Instagram videos to make it look better than it is. Anyone else feel the same?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/25/2018 7:06 pm

I would need a patient background age, condition, what was done and when (how far apart). Any health concerns, how you heal from acne or other conditions you deal with. Some are terrible healers and do poorly with treatments. Other's have had terrible doctors who made them worse and pushes things that were not appropriate for improvement. Nothing will give you 100% glass- smooth skin (unreal expectations). Dr's promise things like this, ... I never do. I am very realistic with outcomes. If you get 50% improvement you should be happy. Every treatment if appropriate will give a % of improvement. There are times we hit a brick wall and their is diminishing returns or ROI. The ones I helped most had poor treatment and did not have the proper plan for their scars. Post some pics or PM me some pics of a flashlight making shadows on the scars. I will try to help.

There would never be definitive before and after pictures, ... they are marketing tools often photo shopped or used lighting techniques to make better. Who want's to see the guy who did not heal right, or the person with scars so bad they will never be perfect. They select what is beneficial to business. The photos posted here are extremely honest, ... no money is gained or ulterior motives.

I don't care frankly who has changed lighting in their photos (they all do it),... it's techniques and results that matter. We have accounts from real patients and you can clearly see the progression of improvement.