Notifications
Clear all

Well I Give Up

MemberMember
(@sotiredofthiscrap)

Posted : 08/20/2018 1:58 pm

I'm 36 and I've come to the point where there just isn't anything I can do to control my acne. It's hopeless. My chin is covered in zits that never go away. If they start to fade I just get more zits right on top of them. I can't take any of the oral medications because they all cause horrible side effects and nothing topical works. So I guess I'm screwed.

I was on Accutane in high school and I believe it contributed to me getting horrible depression and joint pain.  Can't take birth control or spiro because they both lead to horrible vaginal burning, dryness, and loss of libido. Can't take oral antibiotics because they give me constant yeast infections. WTF this sucks!

The only thing I guess that's left to try is a low GI diet and dairy free. So now I have to give up foods I love just to look halfway normal. :( I'm beyond depressed. 

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/20/2018 4:37 pm

Hang in there girl. I just turned 35 and i am still struggling form the age of 16. I am currently on Spiro and trying to get off of it as it's not working for me anymore. Definitely try the diet route if you haven't. It's not as hard as it seems once you're into it. I gave up dairy and gluten in 2011/2012 for my skin and it didn't make a difference but i still stick to it this day. If you need some tips and tricks, feel free to message me.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 08/21/2018 8:19 am

I agree fully with leelowe. I also have acne now and then even though I follow a healthy lifestyle and a very strict daily skincare routine.
Never give up, everyone have 24 hours a day - it is only you who dictate your own 24 hours, no one else. So what if you have a few zits on your face. I don't mind and leelowe doesn't either. So now you have 2 people who likes you for who you are. And I assure you there are more people who do.
Stay strong :)