Notifications
Clear all

SKIN UPDATE: 1 SESSION MICRONEEDLING & 2.5 MONTHS ON SPIRO W/ PHOTOS

MemberMember
(@seattlegal90)

Posted : 08/13/2018 4:38 am

Just wanted to post an update : )

I posted back in June about my skin plumping/looking slightly better after a month on Spiro. Right after this, i decided to try microneedling for the first time in 3+ years. I bought a 1.0 roller for the entire face and 1.5 small derma stamp for the deeper scars. I thought i would share what i experienced and the results so far as i think it has visibly improved a little bit! I also did a test of TCA on two ice pic scars and i think the edges did smooth out a tad ( i circled them ).

The color balance is a little more orange in the after photos, but the lighting was the same ( if anything, the after photos were sharper with harsher lighting as you can see every pore/hair on my face)

3-5 days : Fairly swollen, there were many scars i couldnt even see.

10+ days : Scars looked worse than before i microneedled 

4 weeks: Deeper scarring started filling in

6 weeks(ish):  Deeper scarring filled in some, skin overall looked smoother with clearer complexion. Also, a couple scars almost filled in completely.

Now for the CONS:

I did create a couple new tiny ice pic scars in the process. I dont think this would be the case for someone who has their acne well under control, but my skin is EXTREMELY sensitive. 

Little to no change on Ice pic scars

Overall nothing crazy, but its more than my pessimistic butt expected after one session of a non invasive treatment. Im hoping after 6 treatments i can just top it off with filler if my scar type is compatible.. and then maybe some mental therapy.. lol

5b714c6ab0d45_B4ANDAFTER.jpg.2cede4ac7ea9268f484d61bff3e31b7f.jpg

5b714eb78d71e_beforeandafter5.jpg.8892ff4b597ccd88738bc6e12c2956cc.jpg

5b714ed03e4cb_B4ANDAFTER4.jpg.8c7ab2e2a86da6bc84a20d1526e3b8f7.jpg

MemberMember
(@eekman)

Posted : 08/13/2018 7:10 am

Well, in these pics your skin looks much much better in the afters for me. But not sure if its because of different lighting or sun tan or treatments:/ My skin always looks pretty okay in summer when I am exposed to sun much more, but then in winter, all scars become visible again:/ Good luck with further procedures and I hope your skin continues to improve..

MemberMember
(@mjjmands)

Posted : 08/13/2018 8:51 am

I see a clear change in texture and a nice 20% improvement in the scars. Good job!

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/13/2018 6:53 pm

Definite improvement. Congrats!

What dosage of spiro are you on? Did you experience any side effects?

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/13/2018 9:02 pm

Noticeable improvement. Just wanted to say that your skin is not bad at all. You're looking great.