Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 30 Days

MemberMember
(@nightcap2)

Posted : 08/06/2018 11:49 pm

Hi everyone, I am a 20 years old male. I am really worried with the current condition of my face. It seems to me that my acne has gotten a lot worse since I started taking accutane (20mg) 31 days ago. I have read many people saying that it is normal and even my derm warned me about the purging process that might happen along the way. However, it has been a hard time for me to go through and I started doubting the medication as the current situation is extremely bad. in addition, I also have a lot of redness that seems to never go away and this adds insult to the injury. Can you guys help shed some light please?

IMG_0264-1.thumb.JPG.25c7bab3529e4767ed0cac2cf9409b6f.JPG

MemberMember
(@jstars)

Posted : 08/07/2018 12:26 pm

I'm on day 29, at 60mg a day, and only over the last day or so I have noticed an improvement (minus one monster on my chin).

I did start doubting it myself but I guess we all have to wait. Sadly. I think we all want something to work within a week!

Keep with it!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/07/2018 6:25 pm

Hang in there. If it is way worse than what you started with, you can reach out to your derm about possibly prescribing something like prednisone to curtail the inflammation.