Notifications
Clear all

Pityrosporum Folliculitis HELP?

MemberMember
(@seashellstarfish)

Posted : 07/27/2018 1:24 pm

About a month ago I started to break out, mostly with what looked like closed comedones. Before that it was nice and clear. I just used my salicylic acid wash and Lush tea tree toner. My skin has been fantastic for a long time except a couple pimples near my period. This recent disaster kinda happened while I was spending some time outside in the humid weather all day, sweating to death. By the end of those days my skin was oily as a bucket of slime and dry and flaky - yikes. Before I knew it, closed comedone hell. After using basic acne treatments (SA, BP, sulfur mask), with still no relief of the closed comedones, I began to research pityrosporum folliculitis. I™m pretty sure that™s what™s going on all over my cheeks and jaw. There is some inflamed hormonal acne which I attribute to high stress levels and androgen release.. (very recently reported a brutal rape incident to police and struggling with ptsd.. talking about it in detail being recorded was a nightmare.) The inflamed acne is actually getting better believe it or not. But the closed comedone bumps, are getting worse as if they™re spreading. I think it™s PF because it itches terribly. My acne has never itched before and as you can tell by my scarring, I™ve had acne before. Also for about 5 months or so my diet was mostly bread/yeast products. I was depressed during that time so ate comfort foods. Recently I™ve switched to gluten free and have been eating much healthier (mainly the paleo diet). I hear that eliminating bread and yeast foods can clear PF. Also using my tea tree toner again because I heard it™s an anti fungal, and provides immediate relief from the itching. Does this look like PF to you? If so, what™s the secrets to treating it? Please help. I™m isolating myself because I can™t stand being seen. It™s making me so depressed I™m fantasizing about suicide. I™m on an antidepressant right now.

C6127EA3-E259-45F8-B9CE-603DEB282642.jpeg

MemberMember
(@andrew336)

Posted : 10/04/2018 5:42 pm

Ok, I'll make this short. I've batteled with PF for 3 years. I first used benzoyl peroxide thinking it was regular acne, but it made things worst. Then I learned about PF and try head and shoulders, but didn't worked either. Last I tried a shampoo that had piroctone olamine and salicylic acid in it, but the real trick was to scrub and massage hard and then let it sit for 10 minutes no less no more. It completely erased the problem. Now I do it once a week, just because my skin gets soft and I like it :)
. This was the shampoo I used does not sell in the US, but I think anyone you can find with those two ingredients will do the trick, and don't forget about let it sit for 10 min

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 10/08/2018 5:26 am

alot of people online recommend nizoral shampoo, do a google search (i think it needs to be left on your face for 15mins but in my experience, causes redness)