Notifications
Clear all

Please help

MemberMember
(@lunareclipse)

Posted : 07/13/2018 5:41 pm

Hello! I™m new here and am searching for help. About 2 months ago my mild acne of a few pimples here and there became a lot worse becoming more moderate and possibly severe. I™m mainly affected on my cheeks and I have seen a dermatologist. I was prescribed an antibiotic cream and epiduo forte. I am a vegetarian, yet I do not drink milk and try to rarely have any dairy. Even though I do all these things my skin is still suffering. It is beginning to have bad emotional effects on my self esteem and making me feel slightly depressed.  Any insights? 
(Please see photos)

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/14/2018 4:50 am

Hey, it is great that you are doing something with the diet. Dairy is a leading cause of cystic acne.
So it is possible that there is some other food which may cause the acne, maybe you are intolerant to gluten, seafood, peanuts, soy products, sugar or something else. I can give you an overview of which food can cause the acne if you want, just message me anytime for this. I know you will find a way :)
Take care

MemberMember
(@lunareclipse)

Posted : 07/14/2018 7:51 am

3 hours ago, AcneVM said:

Hey, it is great that you are doing something with the diet. Dairy is a leading cause of cystic acne.
So it is possible that there is some other food which may cause the acne, maybe you are intolerant to gluten, seafood, peanuts, soy products, sugar or something else. I can give you an overview of which food can cause the acne if you want, just message me anytime for this. I know you will find a way :)
Take care

Thank you so much for responding, I will message you on this!