Notifications
Clear all

Binging and acne: I have a question

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 07/09/2018 11:15 pm

Hi,

I was wondering. How do you exactly know what food causes your acne
For example: After binging on sugar how soon will something show up. Because it could also be a coincidence.

Is it possible for acne to show up in 12 hours after binging on a box of sugar filled cookies?
I haven't binged in so long but it was either that or doing something worse. It also seemed like nothing would improve my skin anyways so I was like screw this, I have restricted myself so long for no results. However it seems like my new cysts came to prove me wrong. I was cyst free for 2 weeks!

But is that even possible in 12 hours? Maybe I'm just finding things to blame myself or they were already there? maybe I made a huge mistake I don't know.

I would appreciate any input, since all the voices in my head are certainly not helping me let alone giving me any facts.

Also,
Does anyone know food that is good for acne but could replace unhealthy binging..

MemberMember
(@stan-robbie)

Posted : 07/12/2018 9:49 am

Hello, 12 hours are really enough for acne to appear, it all depends on your body. You can find out what kind of products leads to the appearance of acne only by experience. For me personally it's fast food. When I eat a lot of such food, I have problems. A few delicious hot dogs or hamburgers lead to the appearance of pimples and rashes on my face after 12-16 hours. But this is only my own observation, I wish you good luck.

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 07/12/2018 9:34 pm

11 hours ago, Stan Robbie said:
Hello, 12 hours are really enough for acne to appear, it all depends on your body. You can find out what kind of products leads to the appearance of acne only by experience. For me personally it's fast food. When I eat a lot of such food, I have problems. A few delicious hot dogs or hamburgers lead to the appearance of pimples and rashes on my face after 12-16 hours. But this is only my own observation, I wish you good luck.

Thank you for the information. I was confused because after consuming sugar I can almost immediately feel my face tingling, and after a few hours there are some more bumps on my face. Also my stomach kinda hurts, which means that I probably have a food intolerance to sugar. I'm still not sure about other food..

Only thing is, I always cut out bad food (unless I'm binging because of my ED). But I never believed that food could cause acne because I thought that pimples formed in 2 weeks. So something forming in 12 hours seemed odd to me. Is the process of pimple forming maybe faster because of the food intolerance?

I believe you nonetheless, I was just wondering how all of this works in the body.

MemberMember
(@stan-robbie)

Posted : 07/30/2018 2:12 am

On 13.07.2018 at 5:34 AM, Yasminexra said:
Thank you for the information. I was confused because after consuming sugar I can almost immediately feel my face tingling, and after a few hours there are some more bumps on my face. Also my stomach kinda hurts, which means that I probably have a food intolerance to sugar. I'm still not sure about other food..

Only thing is, I always cut out bad food (unless I'm binging because of my ED). But I never believed that food could cause acne because I thought that pimples formed in 2 weeks. So something forming in 12 hours seemed odd to me. Is the process of pimple forming maybe faster because of the food intolerance?

I believe you nonetheless, I was just wondering how all of this works in the body.

Absolutely! Intolerance to some food can lead to various consequences, including the appearance of acne. When you eat food that your body can not tolerate, it can not be split into simple micronutrients. It complicates the liver functions, which in turn can lead to the appearance of acne.

MemberMember
(@fvckacne)

Posted : 01/30/2019 11:58 pm

I don't believe acne is "intolerance" to foods. There's something else going on. But 12 hours is more than enough for acne to form. I've found that acne can actually come on very quickly - in a matter of 2 hours even in some cases. At some point you may feel some "itching" sensation. I've read that this is actually hyperkeratinization taking place. Just that you can feel it. I've found this often happens with a stinging sensation. It's especially pronounced after ingesting something with Iodine. It also just so happens that Iodine is strongly antimicrobial - which is one reason I believe acne to be an infection of some sort. It's likely the Iodine is killing something off.

It could also be because of how Iodine is used by the body in producing thyroid hormone. During that process hydrogen peroxide (H202) is formed which is a strong "oxidizing agent" - something that contributes to oxidative stress in the absence of enough Glutathione-peroxidase (GSH-Px) to reduce it to water. Selenium is an important co-factor for GSH-Px and that can help lower the burden of oxidative stress.

It's why selenium and iodine go together. Never one without the other. Selenium without Iodine and thyroid hormone is lacking because it needs Iodine. Iodine without selenium is no good because the hydrogen peroxide buildup will damage the thyroid gland itself.

MemberMember
(@lifelover)

Posted : 02/28/2019 3:02 am

With me, it usually takes up to a week for my acne to show up from binging on the wrong foods.