Notifications
Clear all

No eggs, no acne

MemberMember
(@lotus969)

Posted : 07/08/2018 5:49 pm

Hello everyone,

I just want to share what solved my acne. I grew up in the UK. I had moderate acne for 25 years plus, and never really got it under control. I tried all the usual stuff that most of you have probably tried as well.

In my forties, I went to live in south-east Asia. I was living in the countryside, in an area where the local villagers consumed no dairy at all - no milk, butter, cheese, yoghurt etc. I was vegetarian as well, and since there was not much protein in the local diet I used to eat a lot of eggs (omelettes, boiled and fried eggs, etc). I consumed no processed food or junk food. It was mostly just boiled rice and greens.I had no acne medications or any special soaps, gels etc.

Well, I had a lot of breakouts and my skin was a continual mess. I couldn't figure it out, because my diet was really healthy and I was outside the usual factory-food chain.

One day I decided to cut out eggs. What a surprise! Within a couple of days my skin improved hugely, and within the week it was clear. I couldn't believe it, the difference was so marked and so quick!

That was seven years ago. I have never eaten eggs again, and my skin has remained clear since then. Very occasionally I might get a very small pimple which lasts a short time, but essentially I am acne-free.

So I thought I would share what worked for me, in case it works for you as well. It may be an allergy-related acne that you have, as I had for so many years without knowing.

My case study is also useful because I was on a very simple local diet which was already dairy-free, but which in itself did not clear up my acne. It was eggs which provoked it, and my simple diet enabled me to isolate it as the causative factor in a way which is difficult for people eating complex diets in more developed countries to do.So give my advice a try, cut out eggs and see what happens. You may be pleasantly surprised.

All the best to you all.

John

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/09/2018 3:58 am

Hmm, I have never heard that eggs by themselves are a leading cause of acne, like you said it might be because of some allergic responce. It can also be because you are eating commercial eggs (lots of antibiotics and hormones) and not fully organic poultry eggs (the best option).

MemberMember
(@lotus969)

Posted : 07/09/2018 7:25 am

In reply to your post: Certainly in modern developed countries eggs are one product in a grossly mechanised food chain in which antibiotics, growth hormones etc are widely used. So if someone does not have an egg allergy and wishes to eat eggs, organic is the way to go. I agree with you on that.

However the eggs I was eating in south-east Asia and which caused me acne problems were from chickens that roamed in the village. They were not part of any mechanised or artificial food chain. No hormones or antibiotics were administered. It was eggs in general which were the cause of my acne, not any particular type of egg. You may be sceptical, but that is my experience.

MemberMember
(@musa97)

Posted : 07/07/2020 5:48 pm

I vouch for this! i applied this and it worked. Eggs and all nuts/seeds was my acne triggers.

Feels good having no more cystic acne and not using face creams or all that rubbish. Plus my oily skin stopped since i started using vitamin d3 drops.

Holy shit i don't miss this acne struggles anymore!

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/08/2020 12:37 pm

18 hours ago, musa97 said:

I vouch for this! i applied this and it worked. Eggs and all nuts/seeds was my acne triggers.

Feels good having no more cystic acne and not using face creams or all that rubbish. Plus my oily skin stopped since i started using vitamin d3 drops.

Holy shit i don't miss this acne struggles anymore!

How many days without eggs did you start noticing results?

MemberMember
(@caitlin-w)

Posted : 01/04/2021 7:45 am

ok i don't eat eggs, like scrambled or fried, but i eat them in baked things and i still have acne not as bad as it was in 5th grade (in high school now) but does that still affect my acne???

MemberMember
(@khalilahlewis)

Posted : 01/21/2021 10:02 am

how many eggs were you eating?

MemberMember
(@wish-we-could-go-back-in-time)

Posted : 01/21/2021 2:14 pm

I don't think eggs have a corrolation with acne. It could have been something else that you changed in your life other than not eating eggs and you thought that was the cause.