Notifications
Clear all

AHA causing an intial breakout?

MemberMember
(@jjaytwow)

Posted : 06/11/2018 5:24 am

I started to break out about 3 weeks to a month after applying AHA. At first I thought it was an intial purge, but then I got more uncomfortable since it's summer time and I may have my shirt off at the beach or something. So after a month I discontinued. I really want AHA to work since I also have KP.

However, I am afraid of breaking out and during that intial purge it makes me wonder if it'll ever stop or if i should just avoid AHA. The Regimin's BP is nearly 95% effective for me. The AHA is reversing those results. Then after that purge, I had to start using BP on my back again even though I haven't had to do that since puberty, and because of that , I caused an initial purge again due to using BP again on an unfamiliar area.
So, is it normal for AHA to cause acne for the first few weeks to a month? I am unsure, and afraid to attempt again.

How long can a purge last? I never had the level of acne I had on my back until after using AHA, I am unsure what it is "purging" since I never really had acne there for a long time since when I was a teenager, I am 27 now.

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/13/2018 2:57 pm

Hi JJayTwoW,

I'm sorry to hear about your skin. Just to clarify, how much of the Acne.org AHA+ did you initially use? You should start with only a pea sized amount and apply the product every 2-3 days and then slowly increase the dose to allow your skin to adjust to the product. Also, you have to be as gentle as possible when applying the product. Avoid rubbing your skin as much as possible and only use a feather light touch.

Yeezy_A liked