Notifications
Clear all

Regimen -> Accutane Cold Turkey?

MemberMember
(@meydany)

Posted : 06/01/2018 12:20 am

Hi! I was just recently prescribed Accutane and I am about to start my first course of 60/mg day tomorrow. I have been using the regimen EVERY SINGLE DAY (BP followed by AHA+ mixed w/ moisturizer) for about 2 years now, and I'm terrified of what is going to happen to my face if I stop cold turkey. I was thinking of gradually decreasing the amount of BP I use from two pumps down to one until I feel the Accutane is making my skin too dry to use any more. My face has always beenextremelyoily and I honestly don't remember the last time I had dry skin, so I'm not too worried about the BP drying me out immediately after starting Accutane. Does this sound like a good plan? Any suggestions?

P.S. If anybody has any suggestions for good supplements to take while on Accutane that would also be greatly appreciated

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 06/01/2018 1:34 am

Accutane will dry you out, BP will just irritate your skin more. Gradually decreased it over the next few weeks before Accutane really kicks into your body.

In regards to supplement I am taking Vitamin c slow release, d, e and zinc. Some people take fish oils etc for bones which would probably help too.