Notifications
Clear all

Boxcar scars edges

MemberMember
(@lorzz)

Posted : 05/24/2018 11:11 pm

I've had some procedures for my acne scars, 1x subcision and 2x dermapen with my dermatologist. I plan to get maybe 1-2 more subcisions and maybe 1 more dermapen. I've had some good results with these, and most of my atrophic scars are almost level with my skin.

Now my problem is that I still have quite a few stubborn boxcar scars that have jagged edges, and I don't really see these being treated with subcision. Maybe microneedling can help, but while they've softened a bit, they still stand out. I think if I can soften the walls to where they're essentially level with the skin as well, I can be satisfied.

I've read about procedures like fully ablative laser or deep phenol peels. Unfortunately, I am Asian and live in SE Asia, where these procedures are non-existent. The best I can probably get is fractional lasers, 30-40% TCA peels and maybe dermabrasion. There's also RF microneedling, but I think these work under the skin and aren't really ideal for surface issues.

What do you guys recommend? Can multiple fractional lasers or peels get the job done of softening these boxcar scar walls?

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/25/2018 2:45 am

3 hours ago, Lorzz said:

Unfortunately, I am Asian and live in SE Asia, where these procedures are non-existent.

I don't mean to sound negative but I thought you got your previous treatment from Rullan, who I know doesn't operate in SE Asia. Why can't you travel out of country to get the proper treatment this time as well?

Anyway, in order for you to correct the boxcar edges, you really need the fully ablative erbium.