Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User661065

What acne scars do I have? What can help me? (Pics)

Please help. Desperate at this point to get rid of my acne scarring. I’m so confused on what my scars are and what can help. I think they are ice picks - will TCA help? I had Fractora done 12 days ago, and it did nothing - if anything it ruined my skin more in my opinion.  

1246CB42-B824-4988-AB70-42485E64DFAE.png

You have very minor icepick and boxcar scars. But your skin is red, which means it's still healing. 12 days post-op is way too early to decide on another treatment. You need to wait at the very least 6 weeks to see any improvement. 12 weeks or 3 months is recommended.

TCA can help smooth the skin texture, but it would be more prudent to allow time for collagen to run its course before applying TCA. Otherwise, you'll only disrupt the natural flow.

Have you tried a vitamin c serum yet? This reduced my scars a lot. Also applying a turmeric face mask a few times a week also helped. I like The Pride of India brand. It has the right amount of Turmeric so you don't have to worry about it burning your face when you dilute it with water first.