Notifications
Clear all

Spironolactone & Minocycline

MemberMember
(@avagrace)

Posted : 05/17/2018 6:10 pm

PLEASE HELP
Here is the short version of my acne story:
In december 2017 I stopped taking my birth control pills. This sparked the fire that has engulfed the past 3 months of my life. I began seeing more acne than I was used to (I knew this was from stopping my birth control) so finally in March 2018 my dermatologist prescribed me 150mg Spironolactone. The first month of Spiro my skin was the worst I have ever seen it (purging from spiro). I am now in the second month and I can see the SMALLEST amount of improvement, but I am still breaking out.
My entire teenage life I had taken minocycline to help my acne and it always worked great, but I stopped when I began taking spiro. I am now about to start taking minocycline again along with the spironolactone.However, I am very scared.
PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANYEXPERIENCEWITH SPIRO&MINO
I need to know what this combination did to your skin if you have tried this.
do you think it will be ok to start minocycline 2 months after starting spiro?
PLEASE HELP

MemberMember
(@tennis123)

Posted : 05/24/2018 10:47 pm

I've done spiro + a month of solodyn, which I think is slow release minocycline. The derm really touts it as working better than traditional antibiotics bc it is released at a low dose all day. THe combo worked fine for me. Could help you through the spiro hump- should probably be more effective in a month or so??