Notifications
Clear all

I'm scared of what people thing about my acne

MemberMember
(@flax25)

Posted : 05/01/2018 5:49 pm

Ok so I'm in year 6 at school and I always feel like people might be judging me because of my acne. I don't usually get a lot of acne but at the beginning of this year I got my period and now every month I get out breaks of acne mostly in my nose. My family members say they can't even see it but I know they're just saying it to make me feel better. My best friend (who hasn't hit puberty) says it happens to everyone and it looks normal but still.

MemberMember
(@liferuined123)

Posted : 05/01/2018 9:57 pm

Unfortunately there is no simple answer to how to magically clear your skin, but if you replied with your full skin care routine I could critique/suggest some options to you that have worked for me and many other people. Trust me, I have done an ungodly amount of research on acne treatments, scarring, etc. I would be more than happy to help. Also, I just wanted to point out that what your friend is telling you is absolutely true: it does happen to most people and is completely normal. Especially with women, in teenage years when hormones are going crazy, acne is bound to happen at one point or another. Just hang in there and once you find the proper skin care routine that works for you it all gets better from there.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 05/02/2018 7:13 am

Its very common for this to happen, especially during puberty. Unfortunately in life, there will always be someone who will come across judgemental or just plain rude. My advice, dont take any notice to that negativity. I know how it feels to feel insecure about things that make me feel uncomfortable, Im 23 and I still feel this way. The best advice I could give you would be to surround yourself with people who treat you well and look past any insecurities you have. More often than not, people are totally unaware of what you may be insecure about or something that bothers you. Its always great to surround yourself with friends that support, encourage and accept you for who you are.........including your appearance! Dont let anyone bring you down and please dont be hard on yourself.

I would suggest to treat your skin with kindness and try not to pick. I made that mistake and wish I had been a bit more gentle and kind to my skin. If you choose to wear makeup, make sure to remove it properly at the end of the day. Dont stress!