Notifications
Clear all

TCA Peels and Microneedling - Will It Make Icepick Scars Worse?

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 04/16/2018 12:15 pm

Hey guys.

As you all know I have some icepick scars, but I think the majority of my scars are boxcars, and most of my scarring is superficial (I think.)

I'm terrified of TCA CROSS, but am getting more and more comfortable with the idea of alternating TCA peels with microneedling (six weeks apart.)

The only question is, will this approach make my icepick scars worse, since they will become wider as they get pulled up closer to the surface of the skin from the TCA?

In other words, without TCA CROSS done initially to raise the scar bed, will TCA peels and microneedling make my icepick scars look worse?

I have a good skincare routine so hopefully that will facilitate healing after the peels and microneedling; it consists of tretinoin, Vitamin C, copper peptides, Niacinamide and a few "non actives" (aloe, hyaluronic acid, and snail mucin.) I'm also planning on incorporating glycolic acid in some way since that is said to boost the benefits of tretinoin.

Thanks everyone.

MemberMember
(@chummyadapter1)

Posted : 04/16/2018 12:36 pm

Hey!  I looked over your picks and you have very good skin.  I wouldn't call them ice picks I think they are mostly enlarged pores with a few superficial boxcar scars.  I don't think TCA cross would be that beneficial for you IMO because you don't really have icepicks.  I think you should stick with Derma rolling and regular TCA peels and you should see steady improvements.  Good luck:D

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 04/16/2018 12:44 pm

Hey Chummy! Welcome to the forums. Thank you so much for your feedback!! ) I really appreciate it. I honestly think a lot of my scars are scarred pores/enlarged pores too. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/16/2018 7:21 pm

For scarred pores and smaller boxcar and boxcar tcs peel is beneficial,i can atest to it.it takes strong tca and good application,getting penetration of the skin and long healing,at least 6 weeks,doing many over a year period will definately yield results but a lot is dependant on how your skin heals.alternating with needling and having a good moderate needling session and wait at least 4-6 weeks for that to heal should yeild results for sure.

if you had subcision and had at least 1 treatment it can also make the needling and tca peel work better as the scar is left more vunerable to the treatments and suseptable to change/healing.
:)

MemberMember
(@labellavita1985)

Posted : 04/16/2018 9:43 pm

Quadboy, thank you! This is basically exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I'm pretty sure you guys have told me before that subcision is not appropriate for my scars? Not sure. I'll look back over my old threads. If it's an option for me I'll think about it.

Thank you )