Notifications
Clear all

Prolonged struggle with acne (with pics)

MemberMember
(@shawn22)

Posted : 04/15/2018 9:27 am

I'm a 20 year old guy who's been dealing with acne since 2015.

I've tried a lot of treatments - bp, clindamycin, adapalene. Some of them workes for a while, but now my skin has been deteriorating.

I was on doxycycline for 6 months which cleared me up, so the doc told me to stop, 4 months ago. Its been downhill ever since. 

Currently I'm using bp 5% every night. I don't know what to do. Honestly, acne is causing me major psychological stress. I've lost count of the number of times I looked at picture of myself and felt like crying. I used to have perfect, glowing skin at one time. I take all hygeine precautions, stick to the doctors regime, watch my diet, eat healthy and clean. I don't deserve this. I'm sorry for the rant but this is how I feel. My self esteem has taken a major beating. I really don't know what to do. Im afraid of Accutane cuz of its side effects.

here are the products I use - 
Cetaphil cleanser
BP 5%
Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel
Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture

IMG_20180415_193608004~2.jpg

IMG_20180415_193613247~2.jpg

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/16/2018 3:17 pm

do a little reading into how to cure post acne marks & about vitamins to boost skin healing.

with bp cream, you might want to focus on only using it on bad spots, applying with a q-tip. (bp cream wont help with post acne marks )