Notifications
Clear all

Infini Rf or subcision/peels for these scars? (pics)

MemberMember
(@makeupscars)

Posted : 04/07/2018 1:26 pm

Hi everyone! First time poster, but I™ve been reading these forums and have really found so much information- and inspiration from all the support you offer each other :)
A quick background about me, I am turning 35 next month and my acne scars are really bothering me, I think they are looking worse with my age and collagen loss. I also recently went through a divorce and am trying to date again after a long time- so I know some of this is psychological!  On top of it, I work as a makeup artist and it™s my job to make skin look flawless- talk about a head trip haha! (I'm thinking about starting a post with makeup tricks I have learned over the years)
I had 3 very mild microneedling treatments a year ago, I tried a Vi peel about a month ago but I think I™m ready to try something more advanced.
I™m between infini RF treatments, or trying deeper microneedling with another doctor and peels, or possibly
subcision? 
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!

ACE30D4E-8FDF-4E82-8A5B-28F3E23F35BC.jpeg

4B53A9BB-01AF-4954-B44D-D48C7BC3B98C.jpeg

9728C7FA-6B80-4D81-9894-1AC5FB99A21D.jpeg

F36762EF-0E39-45E6-91DE-6BC08912FE6E.jpeg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/07/2018 2:54 pm

1 hour ago, Makeupscars said:

Im ready to try something more advanced.
Im between infini RF treatments, or trying deeper microneedling with another doctor and peels, or possibly
subcision?
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you!

I can tell you that subcision will not work for your scars. They're too mild. RF would be a better solution, coupled with TCA peel afterwards to smooth the surface (6-8 weeks later).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/07/2018 3:08 pm

Yes,try a rf microneedling once and see what it does for your scarring,i see tca peeling working best for your scarred pores,tincey scars.you will need to do more than one though and they will have to be strong medium depth peels,start weak 15% and work up strength to around 30-35%.
:)

MemberMember
(@makeupscars)

Posted : 04/08/2018 9:02 pm

Thank you for the input! Im going in for an RF infini consultation, the nearest derm to me that does them is over an hour away, I can get TCA peels around here though .

i liked the Vi peel, but it really only made a difference with my hyperpigmented areas, it supposedly has TCA in it but Im not sure what strength

MemberMember
(@chummyadapter1)

Posted : 04/08/2018 9:56 pm

Hi I just wanted to say as someone with acne scars that you have very good skin. I would literally kill to have skin like yours. I think you should focus more on the psychological side of this because the scarring you have is virtually undetectable. If I saw those pictures anywhere else I honestly wouldn't even think you had scarring. If you take pictures an inch away from anyways face odds are their skin won't appear completely perfect. Just my two cents but I understand that a lot of the time we are our own worst critics.

Мyth liked