Notifications
Clear all

Help, what kind of scars do I have? Photos inside

MemberMember
(@scaredscarred)

Posted : 04/04/2018 4:54 pm

Hi I have struggled with acne my whole life. I™m almost 30 now. I just started accutane last week. I wish I would have started earlier, because I wouldn™t have all these scars. I™d like to get rid of some of these scars after the accutane treatment. I know I™ll have to wait at least 8 months after, but I™d like to plan ahead for a scar treatment program. 

Id just like to know what kind of scars these are, and what is the best treatment for them? 

Thanks for any help you you can provide.A10DB6C7-2E6D-4249-99B3-F8D9B9D7456F.thumb.jpeg.50224ff894770ab47a362440f0a4ebec.jpegE3ADAE3A-70B4-477E-94E2-0BF6B6A0112E.thumb.jpeg.5611145edbcce058088d6c280c91c17d.jpegB98F0280-DE6F-4068-A730-A079CB69CBAE.thumb.jpeg.5bb96a65a02cb15004ecb48d4c066353.jpeg98C49385-D549-47D5-A9EC-ADC8A55B85CF.thumb.jpeg.ebd626ee06ccb1c0b8cd44bb227b6bf8.jpeg

MemberMember
(@scaredscarred)

Posted : 04/05/2018 8:09 am

Anyone?? Please help

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/06/2018 2:15 pm

@Scaredscarred
Your scars are mainly textural. Subcision will help, you need 3 of them, if you can afford filler this helps as well and acts as a spacer. RF needling, again 3 of them, you do this after your subcision and every 3 months, while you wait for your filler to run out. I would do a few TCA peels, or a fully ablative erbium resurfacing for the texture. Because you have ethnic skin I would also get picosure done, it's a laser to stimulate collagen and help with skin texture. Do what you can when you have time and money, treat over a few years.

MemberMember
(@scaredscarred)

Posted : 04/10/2018 10:48 am

On 4/6/2018 at 2:15 PM, beautifulambition said:
@Scaredscarred
Your scars are mainly textural. Subcision will help, you need 3 of them, if you can afford filler this helps as well and acts as a spacer. RF needling, again 3 of them, you do this after your subcision and every 3 months, while you wait for your filler to run out. I would do a few TCA peels, or a fully ablative erbium resurfacing for the texture. Because you have ethnic skin I would also get picosure done, it's a laser to stimulate collagen and help with skin texture. Do what you can when you have time and money, treat over a few years.

Thanks for your reply. Is my scarring pretty severe? Is it what people call rolling scars or ice picks box cars etc. what is the success rate for treating my type of scarring? I know with certain types of scars, you can really expect that much improvement. Do I fall under this category?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/11/2018 2:17 pm

@ScaredscarredNo your scarring is not the most severe I have seen - very minor, mainly textural. I covered this above it's textural rolling scars. Meaning they are shallow and not as sieve.

We don't give success rates on treating scars, everyone is different, every case, how you heal, and other factors. But you can get improvement.

No You need cannula filling throughout the whole area with filler, prp, etc. In and out to volumize the texture. You also need nokor subicison for your biggest pits. RF microneedling as I discussed above, ad deep or several tca peels or a fully ablative deep erbium peel lastly. This is done over time. It's not quick.

3 months between each treatment. Because of your skin tone you need retin a / tretinorin and hydroquinone for 3 weeks prior to any treatment, stop one week post treatment for a rest.

MemberMember
(@makovienka)

Posted : 09/14/2018 9:12 pm

I have very similar scarring...mine's a little denser and wider spread, but similar depth,texture, and cheek coverage. I call it rolling, or textural.

To address scarring, I've microneedled 5 times now (.25mm, .5mm, 1mm, 1mm, 1mm) and improvement is happening but quite a bit slower than i hoped. I plan to find a better technician and deeper needle depth next, plus co2 options. Beautifulambition posted some great knowledge above that I'll probably look into too.

I totally changed up my diet to a paleo/grain-free/produce-centric thing, and that has really improved acne. Just mentioning, so that you can be aware that there is a safer, less-expensive, more overall-beneficial alternative to Accutane, as far as stopping acne goes. If you're going to dish out money, a naturopath could help you detox and get more to the root of why you break out. I understand you've already decided on the Accutane, and if that works, fine. But info is priceless, so just thought I should share in case you didn't already know this.