Notifications
Clear all

Before and after pics - My change through diet, minimal skincare regimen, etc

MemberMember
(@sedesin)

Posted : 03/26/2018 11:17 am

Hey everyone. So I now decided to finally make a log of my before and after pics (I was mainly waiting to see if my skin really was better or if it was just a phase).

Attached I have a before and after pics of my skin, arround 1/2 years appart. It was a hard journey but you can never give up on it.

Before the two pictures I tried a lot of stuff from antibiotics to accutane. Nothing worked.

So I took the issue on my own hands:

• I changed my diet, mainly through elimination diets. Tried vegan, paleo and keto. The one that worked for me was a dairy-free low fodmap paleo diet (I know, long word).
  • I changed my habits - stopped smoking, reduced alcohol intake and stopped drinking caffeine.
  • Adopted a minimal skincare regimen. Only water (and moisturizer if I have any dry area).
  • Only shower my hair and face every other day. Taking a full body shower everyday dries my skin way too much.
  • And one that I think helped me a lot: went to a psychiatrist to deal with my anxiety and constantly high stress levels.

And this is the basics of it. If anyone has a specific question, feel free to ask :)

>Oh, and I'm sorry I don't have more pics of the before, but at that time I avoided taking pics at all costs.

dif.jpg

MemberMember
(@vanessa-p)

Posted : 04/10/2018 5:25 pm

That's awesome!! I just want to say I literally have the same story - I tried everything from antibiotics to birth control to accutane. Then I finally cut out all the creams, stopped wearing foundation, and did an elimination diet. I fond out that dairy, meat and eggs all make me break out, so I'm basically vegan now. Elimination diets are awesome and they totally work!!

MemberMember
(@jolien)

Posted : 08/17/2018 6:55 am

I was about to try the same type of low FODMAP diet and already started the minimal skincare regime, since my skin also tends to dry out quickly. It's giving me hope that it worked for you.
(Btw I think you are super handsome, I just had to say it :p)