Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
generationgold

Annoyed/Depressed

Hey guys, I’m new to this, I’ve neved really written or talked to anyone about how my true feelings towards MY acne. Honestly I hate it so much, I know for a fact if I didn’t have acne life would be different. I’d get more girls, have way more friends, I’d just live a better life. Those aren’t the only problems though, getting a job can be hard because of my acne, talking to people (I can’t look anyone in the eye for more than 3 seconds), just having to worry about what I eat. Worrying about what I eat sucks because it doesn’t allow me to live “freely.” I can’t eat sweets or fast food because I’ll break out like crazy. Honestly I feel separated from most of my friends. They eat whatever they want, have clear skin that they don’t have to worry about. Well I’m new to this stuff so if you guys can give me any life tips or something that’ll calm me down lol I’ll feel better. I’m 16 btw, been having acne since last year. 

You aren’t alone! Remember that you’re still young and many people around your age and older are experiencing acne as well. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to be too hard on yourself! We are our own worst critic and most of the time people aren’t noticing what your noticing. You shouldn’t miss out on opportunities like meeting new people because of your skin. I know it can be soo debilitating and embarrassing but a lot of the time people don’t really care. Sure, there are going to be some who make comments or are extremely rude..........they’re not worth your time! Truth is, your young! Enjoy life and remember that acne doesn’t define you.

As tempting as it is, I wouldn’t pick at your skin because that could lead to scarring.