Notifications
Clear all

Acne after antibiotics

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 02/20/2018 7:00 pm

Please respond.....I keep reading how after you get off oral antibiotics, you break out worse. These are my questions:

1. How long were on the antibiotics?
2. Were you using any topical acne cream?
3. Were you weaned off?
4. Were you taking probiotics while on the antibiotics?
I have read that the reason you break out after antibiotics is because you wiped out all the good bacteria.

Also has ANYONE had success after oral antibiotic treatment?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/21/2018 3:20 pm

i would say that about 70% of people with acne got clear for antibiotics and a good topical treatment,(I know some personally and i am one by myself). The rest come to whine about it on the internet.

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 02/21/2018 6:35 pm

3 hours ago, Duperele said:

i would say that about 70% of people with acne got clear for antibiotics and a good topical treatment,(I know some personally and i am one by myself). The rest come to whine about it on the internet.

Thank you....glad to hear that and happy for you....that's encouraging. Can you tell me what you were on? And how did you stay clear after the antibiotics?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/22/2018 4:45 am

10 hours ago, Hopeful74 said:
13 hours ago, Duperele said:

Thank you....glad to hear that and happy for you....that's encouraging. Can you tell me what you were on? And how did you stay clear after the antibiotics?

I was Taking lymecycline together with epiduo for 5 months, now i have been clear for another 5 months after stopping antibiotics, however i am still using epiduo on my face. I had alot of bacne before, but that is compleatly gone even though i don't use epiduo on the back. I also cut out diary, that might have helped. I get an odd pimple now and then, but that is when i eat alot sugar and cheese or just don't wash propely and don't use epiduo for a couple of days.

I also had a friend that had bad acne and took lymecycline as well he took it 2 years ago and is still clear, he used epiduo as well.

You take antibiotics to calm down your acne, and possibly grow out from it when you are done with it. Then You often need a treatment to maintain the clearness, like in my case epiduo.

And remember that Minocycline DOES NOT KILL BACTERIA. It only stops them from spreading and growing, so you infections won't spread.

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 02/22/2018 8:57 am

4 hours ago, Duperele said:
I was Taking lymecycline together with epiduo for 5 months, now i have been clear for another 5 months after stopping antibiotics, however i am still using epiduo on my face. I had alot of bacne before, but that is compleatly gone even though i don't use epiduo on the back. I also cut out diary, that might have helped. I get an odd pimple now and then, but that is when i eat alot sugar and cheese or just don't wash propely and don't use epiduo for a couple of days.

I also had a friend that had bad acne and took lymecycline as well he took it 2 years ago and is still clear, he used epiduo as well.

You take antibiotics to calm down your acne, and possibly grow out from it when you are done with it. Then You often need a treatment to maintain the clearness, like in my case epiduo.

And remember that Minocycline DOES NOT KILL BACTERIA. It only stops them from spreading and growing, so you infections won't spread.

Thank you. One more question... since you use Epiduo do you applymoisturizer afterwards if yes how long do you wait to apply it?

MemberMember
(@duperele)

Posted : 02/22/2018 9:51 am

52 minutes ago, Hopeful74 said:
Thank you. One more question... since you use Epiduo do you applymoisturizer afterwards if yes how long do you wait to apply it?

I apply epiduo at night and moistrurizer in the morning.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/22/2018 9:30 pm

On 21/02/2018 at 8:20 PM, Duperele said:

The rest come to whine about it on the internet? So because something doesnt work to cure their acne and they go on the internet for help they are whining? Just because it worked for you?also where did you get 70% from? Based on you and a few friends? A study a few years ago found that 82% of people involved failed to clear their acne after multiple courses of antibiotics...thats an 18% success rate not 70%.please dont mislead.

MemberMember
(@lifeswaitingtobegin)

Posted : 02/22/2018 9:58 pm

On 21/02/2018 at 0:00 AM, Hopeful74 said:

Please respond.....I keep reading how after you get off oral antibiotics, you break out worse. These are my questions:

3. Were you weaned off?
I have read that the reason you break out after antibiotics is because you wiped out all the good bacteria.

Took loads of antibiotics for acne over 2-3 years always worked then either stopped working or acne came back after stopping taking them.I used topical creams during/after a few courses with little success.I wasnt weaned off them and didnt take pro biotics. Antibiotics cant differentiate between good and bad acne so if you take probiotics I would take them as far apart from your antibiotics as possible.Everyone is different but in my opinion antibiotics are/were not the answer...I had success from changing my diet up.good luck!

MemberMember
(@hopeful74)

Posted : 02/22/2018 10:45 pm

42 minutes ago, LifesWaitingToBegin said:
On 2/20/2018 at 4:00 PM, Hopeful74 said:

3. Were you weaned off?

Took loads of antibiotics for acne over 2-3 years always worked then either stopped working or acne came back after stopping taking them.I used topical creams during/after a few courses with little success.I wasnt weaned off them and didnt take pro biotics. Antibiotics cant differentiate between good and bad acne so if you take probiotics I would take them as far apart from your antibiotics as possible.Everyone is different but in my opinion antibiotics are/were not the answer...I had success from changing my diet up.good luck!

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me what you currently use and what you changed in your diet? I want to get off these antibiotics its been almost 3 months.